General Dentistry in Knoxville
General & Preventative Care for the Whole Family
At Family Dentistry of Knoxville, Dr. Jason A. Phillips and his dental team believe wholeheartedly in preventative dentistry, whenever possible. Take good care of your smile and it can last you a lifetime. We not only help you keep your smile looking beautiful, but we can also help you restore your smile with advanced services in general dentistry .
If you want to learn more please call (865) 383-1017. We are happy to answer your questions about any of our dental services.
Preventative Dentistry Services
Dental checkups allow us to discover small problems before they become bigger problems. Regular dental cleanings can keep your teeth looking great. If you are still not happy with the color of your teeth after a professional cleaning, we can advise you about teeth whitening and other cosmetic dentistry treatments.
We treat patients of all ages, aiming for a positive and stress-free experience at the dentist’s office. We offer professional cleaning examinations and treatments to protect the teeth of patients of all ages. Sealants are great for kids and adults, in order to prevent cavities in the future. Sealants are a bio-friendly, clear coating that is painted onto the teeth to protect the deep molar grooves from cavities. Plaque and tartar can build up in these grooves, making kids more susceptible to cavities.
Fluoride is a natural mineral that works to fight off bad bacteria that can lead to tooth decay and cavities. If someone has "chalky white spots on their teeth", it may not be cavities yet. Fluoride treatments can help to re-mineralize the teeth and strengthen them to combat cavities from occurring. It also helps to do fluoride trays at night time as well as using prescription-strength fluoride toothpaste for patients who are more cavity-prone.
Additionally, there are numerous benefits to using fluoride treatments to improve the teeth and overall oral health for both you and your children, including:
- helps to protect prior restoration in the mouth
- strengthens the tooth enamel
- most-effective treatment for high-risk patients prone to decay and other common oral infections
General Dentistry Services
In addition to preventing dental problems with regular cleanings and checkups, we offer a full range of services for general dentistry in Knoxville. Our modern dental office is equipped with the best technology for addressing many different types of dental problems to restore your oral health.
Our general dentistry services include:
- TMJ Treatments – We offer TMJ assessments and treatments to stop the pain from invading your life. If you have TMJ symptoms, such as jaw clicking, radiating ear pain, headaches, ringing in the ears, neck and upper back pain, and jaw locking, talk to us about TMJ treatment options to reduce the impact of TMJ pain on your life.
- Athletic Mouthguards – Custom mouthguards offer advanced protection for the mouth during sports, compared to generic mouthguards.
- Fillings and Tooth Extractions – Whether you need a filling or wisdom teeth extraction, Dr. Phillips can help. We use the latest dental technology, including dental x-rays for accurate diagnosis that is as pain-free and stress-free as possible.
- Root Canal Therapy– Root canals can save a tooth. we offer gentle dentistry for root canals and dental crowns afterwards to protect your preserved tooth.
- Oral Surgery – Dr. Jason A. Phillips is well-versed in oral surgery areas for general and preventative dentistry.
In addition, we can help with other areas, such as cosmetic and restorative dental procedures. Our treatments are always tailored to your unique oral health needs.
Modern Family Dentistry
At Family Dentistry of Knoxville, Dr. John A. Phillips and our dental team care about you and your family. We see patients of all ages for general dentistry in Knoxville, and you can count on us when you need help. General dentistry services are offered to everyone from pediatric patients to adults. Our team has more than a decade of experience and advanced technology to deliver the highest quality dental care in the local area.
“Dr Phillips makes me super comfortable and his skills are top-notch. Their hygienist Nicole is gentle and explains everything so thoroughly. Love this office!”- Sondra W.
“If you are looking for a dentist and a dental staff who are professional, friendly, caring, and treat you like family, look no further! From the second you walk in and until you leave, you will experience top-of-line dental care in a family atmosphere.”- Rachel B.
“My dentist is the best! I have never felt more like a family in a medical office like I do here. I recommend them to everyone and will continue to do so!”- Kristine S.
Experienced & Expert Team
Our skilled team of oral care experts have been caring for the community for over a decade.
Our kind team utilizes a minimally invasive approach to make sure our patients are comfortable.
Financing Options Available
Our office offers affordable monthly payments and convenient financing plans.
We use the most advanced, state of the art equipment for outstanding dental care.